Facts & Figures
Whether you live, work and play here in Winter Park, you’re sure to enjoy these fun facts about the area:
- The town of Winter Park has an average elevation of 9040 feet and the town of Fraser has an elevation of 8754 feet.
- Winter Park has just four stoplights within the city limits.
- The average high temperature in July is about 73F and the average high temperature in January is 30F.
- There are 255 sunny days here on average each year!
- Winter Park and Fraser receive an average snowfall of 350” a year.
- Winter Park Resort is open from mid-November until mid-April each year and for the summer season from the end of May through September.
- At 67 miles northwest of Denver and 85 miles from Denver International Airport, Winter Park Resort is the closest major ski resort to Denver.
- Winter Park, Colorado had 865 full-time residents in 2009, a 30% population increase since 2000.
- Approximately 43% of the population rent their homes in the Fraser/Winter Park area.
- Property taxes in Winter Park and Fraser are lower than the state average.
- The closest cities with populations over 75,000 to the Winter Park Area are Boulder and Denver, Colorado.
- Winter Park/Fraser can be accessed by Amtrak, Greyhound and by car.
- There are small regional airports in both Kremmling and Granby for private planes.
- There are two major grocery stores in the area, Safeway and City Market. There are also numerous specialty shops and restaurants.
- There are many different medical clinics in the area, including a clinic at the base of Winter Park Resort, Byers Peak Medicine in Winter Park and Fraser Medical in Fraser. Centura Health has a new medical facility located in Granby.
Find more information about Winter Park and Grand County Facts and Figures.
See how Winter Park compares to other popular mountain destinations.
Learn about Winter Park & Fraser Chamber membership, living here and more.